How to Create a Bootable Windows 7 USB Flash Drive
How to create a bootable Windows 7 USB flash drive : For those who don’t have awindows 7 installation disk or either it is damaged, then you can create and use a Bootable USB flash drive to install Windows 7 on your PC. The process of creating a Bootable windows 7 USB flash drive is fairly easy, however you will have to download a copy of windows 7 ISO file.
Fortunately Microsoft provides Windows 7 ISO images as free downloads to the public. You can download Windows 7 iso images from here and Once you have downloaded a Windows 7 ISo file, you can then follow the instructions provided below to create a Bootable windows 7 USB flash drive.
Instructions to create a Bootable Windows 7 USB Flash Drive
- Step 1: Download rufus on your computer and run it .
- Step 2: Plug in your USB flash drive into your computer .
- Step 3: From Rufu’s settings, Choose NTFS as the file system.
- Step 4: Check ” Quick format ” and ” Create extended label and icon files “
- Step 5: Check ” Create a bootable disk using ” and click the drive icon beside it to select the windows 7 ISO file .
- Step 6: Now click on start to create a bootable window 7 USB flash drive .
After a few minutes your Windows 7 bootable USB flash drive will be ready for installation. Reboot your PC and set the bootable flash drive as a first boot priority in the bios settings. Save the bios settings and reboot once again to continue with thewindows 7 installation process .
Note: You have to allow booting from USB devices in your BIOS settings in order to proceed further with the windows 7 installation .